STORY BEHIND THIS WINE
A historic Northern Rhone house founded in 1808, still in the ownership of the Chapoutier family. This is an estate that is going from strength to strength and many would argue that it is in its golden phase. “Les Meysonniers” comes from the vines which are at least 25 years old. Vinified traditionally with punching down and pumping over taking place in concrete tanks. A more subtle balance and a pronounced minerality set this wine apart from other Crozes-Hermitage wines produced from this sedimentary soil. 12 months ageing. 85% of which takes place in concrete tanks to preserve the freshness and minerality of the fruit. The remaining 15% is aged in barrel which gives the wine consistency and power, along with aromatic complexity.
Awards and Reviews
Glorious notes of red fruits, blackcurrant and raspberry, followed by violet aromas. The palate is generous and full.